Homebirth midwifery is a great option for healthy pregnant people who are experiencing low-risk pregnancies. Your midwife comes to you for all of your prenatal, birth, and postpartum appointments and needs. Midwives are trained in normal pregnancy, birth, and postpartum and are equipped to handle certain emergencies such as hemorrhage. In California, midwives are licensed through the Medical Board and must renew their licensure every 2 years. We are trained and certified in neonatal resuscitation and CPR/BLS.
Midwifery care also means choosing your birth attendants. Signing up for care with me means I will be your care provider through the end of your 6 week postpartum period. You will not have to wonder who will be caring for you when you go into labor, nor will you have to worry about shift changes. I will support you throughout. By the end of pregnancy we will have formed a trusting relationship.
In Home Prenatal Care
- Every 4 weeks until 28 weeks
- Every 2 weeks until 36 weeks
- Every week until birth
- Full medical, physical, informational, and emotional care throughout labor
- Second midwife present for the pushing stage and postpartum
- Personal choice for birthing position and place including waterbirth
- Newborn exam and procedures
- Perineal repair if necessary
- Immediate postpartum care until everyone is stabilized (usually 3-6 hours)
In Home Postpartum
- 1 day visit
- 3 day visit
- 1 week visit
- 2 week visit
- 4 week visit
- 6 week visit
To schedule an interview contact me at email@example.com.