This five-week series is perfect for families planning home or birth center births. The emphasis of this class is on finding the tools you need to stay confident and connected throughout the process, as well as creating community with other new families. Through videos, pictures, talking and practice the goal is to prepare you as well as possible for one of the most anticipated and unexpected events of your life.
- Understanding the birth process
- Comfort Measures for Labor: creating the best physical and mental landscape for labor
- Working with the Pain: breathing strategies, relaxation, mindfulness & visualization
- Positions and Massage for Labor & Birth
- Preparation for Pushing: pelvic floor exercises
- Challenging Births and Hospital Transport
- Postpartum Changes for the Whole Family
Classes are on Monday nights from 7:00pm-9:30pm at Pacifica Family Maternity Center in Berkeley. This is an out-of-hospital birth center and occasionally a family may be in the process of birthing their baby during class time. The space comfortably holds 8 couples.
Upcoming Classes 2016:
June/July Class: 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27, 7/11** (this series skips July 4th and actually spans 6 weeks)
Click here for online registration. You can send a check to 2438 Roosevelt Ave. Berkeley CA 94703. ***If you have a Capital One 360 account, please contact me before sending a check. I am unable to deposit these checks, but can accept a direct transfer.*** You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your payment is received.